Friday, February 21, 2014

Pizza By the Goddamnd Slice

02.21.14

 First of all, did you know 'damned' has an 'e' in it, but if you put 'god' in front of it, the 'e' becomes unnecessary? What a powerful asshole, that god.

 There is a delightful coffee shop/pizza joint/great-beer-selling joint in Peoria called 'Broken Tree'. About a year ago (or so) when this place opened, it started with just some really good coffee. Which was enough for me. Although at that time they ran banker's hours, but that's just because the guy who runs it also runs a bank and couldn't get out of the systemic oppression opposed upon him by his overlords.

 I don't think that last part's true.

 But if it is, he somehow broke the chains and like a renegade from the ashes (a.k.a. a phoenix), decided 'nay, no more banker's hours and this coffee could use a yeasty companion. I shall call it....pizza!', even though 'pizza' was already a thing. I think he was kidding.

 So now, there's a new pizza joint in town. But do you know what the best part of a pizza joint is? If you can't answer this, then you are skimming, not reading, and therefore, not paying close attention. I hope you aren't like this when you're driving.

 The answer, of course, is pizza by the slice, DUH! I am so disappointed when I go into a pizza joint and find out that I have to get an ENTIRE pizza for the price of an ENTIRE pizza when all I really want is ONE SLICE OF THAT PIZZA! So of course, I pay for the whole pizza, take my slice, and leave the rest with the perplexed, yet soon-to-be-full, restaurant staff. But never again...thanks to the business genius of this one individual and his lady, I can enjoy a single slice of pizza at anytime! Up to 7 p.m. because that's when I generally stop eating. I am on a pizza-only-before-7 diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment